Industry Greece tourism has become one of the key elements of the country's economic activity. C & # 39 As a leading tourist destination in Europe, Greece attracts millions of visitors from around the world. Its rich history and ancient culture are the main attractive feature for tourists. In addition, other than the island, stunning historical monuments, long coastlines and sparkling beaches and a & # 39 are the foundation of the growth of tourism in Greece.
Greece tourism – historical overview
Tracing its roots in antiquity, tourism in Greece has gone through huge changes in recent years. By raising the domination of Rome over the Western Mediterranean Greek Magna Greco exchanged their culture with the Roman Republic. However, with the annexation of the Greek Roman emperors this cultural exchange has gained strength. Modern Greek tourism began to flourish between 1960 and 1970, when there were major construction projects.
What to do in Greece?
In addition to numerous historic sites, Greece also offers a wide range of activities to make your vacation a complete adventure. Here are some of the most popular activities that you should not miss relaxing in Greece –
- Bird watching in the wetland areas: Macedonia, marshes in northern Greece – the main area for bird watching. You can find more than 300 migratory and resident bird species on the lake Kerkini, located on the river Strymonas. The best time to observe the wines such as spoons, pelicans, ducks, herons, storks, boogaloo, husk and Eagles in Kerkini – between April and July.
- Sea horse Itatsy and Kefalonia: Stretching coastline of 15 000 km, in Greece there are various water sports to make you stay enjoyable. Sea kayaking – one of them. As long as you are hoping to Ithaca and Kefalonia, you will not want to miss sea kayaking in the cool ocean. During kayaking you will witness breathtaking scenery and spectacular limestone cliffs.
- Swimming in Aegina: Trekking in the deep waters of Greece – is another exciting experience for you. He leads you directly in contact with the sun, the wind and the sea. Although this is a difficult sport, you can expect good rewards, when you learn how to swim. Aegina Island offers the perfect place for swimming training. In addition, you can also enjoy adventure sports like scuba diving and swimming.
- Mountain adventure in Thessaly: Located less than reliable Mount Olympus, Thessaly region specializes in providing you a pleasant experience from adventure sports and outdoor activities. In this region, you can try a variety of sports such as mountain biking, hiking, rock climbing, sea kayaking and canoeing.
- Airing in Paros In Paros is a house on New Golden Beach, where the professional association of Windsurfing World Cup. Exposure meltemichnyh sustained winds during the summer, making it an ideal place for surfing. However, if you are student, you can choose a time when the wind is relatively less strong.