Environmental protection is now a & # 39 is one of the most popular and hot topics around the world. Many companies spend hundreds of millions of dollars to build a product or the fact to make their products environmentally friendly. An example is the electric vehicle, which is viewed as a viable option for this car on gasoline. In 2009, world leaders met in Copenhagen to discuss how they can prevent global warming and reduce the effects of climate change, in fact protecting the environment. travel investment is also not left out of the question. In an industry where, according to forecasts, the number of people involved in international travel, to reach the billion mark in 2010, there is concern about its contribution to environmental damage. As in any other industry, the travel industry has to take care about environmentally friendly ways of doing business. Below are some of the environmental problems affecting the travel industry, which needs to be addressed, and in some cases, to seek long-term solutions.
1. Aircraft, which transports thousands of tourists around the world, is of great concern to those who seek to protect the environment. The main challenge for the sector greenhouse gas emissions and their impact on climate change. Aviation produces at least two per cent of emissions. One way the airline industry is working on this problem – it is the deployment of new aircraft with engines, fuel, and therefore less carbon emissions. However, not all airlines, especially in poor countries, can afford to buy new aircraft.
2. Mass tourism. Due to the fact that the cost of travel is getting cheaper, and more people are sent away from their countries to places that were previously inaccessible, but now you can get because of air transport, areas with ecological and historical significance, becoming crowded. This puts pressure on ecosystems in these areas and poses a threat to the flora and fauna. And climate change means that some places will not give preference to the visitors, because the outside conditions & # 39; I have become extreme, leading to overcrowding in other places with more favorable conditions out & # 39; I. Again, this is a danger to ecosystems in crowded areas and for tourism in the area.
3. Deforestation. Despite the universal call for the protection of the environment, there are still areas where mass felling is conducted. It also contributes to the destruction of flora and fauna and is a threat to tourism in those areas.
4. The call to become the green, affecting all sectors of the world, the tourism industry has not gone unnoticed. There is pressure on those who are in the field, to find ways of doing business that are sustainable and environmentally friendly. For example, if the hotel hotel can build hotels that are more environmentally friendly? What methods they can use to save energy and reduce the chemicals used in dry cleaning tons of linen used in the industry?
5. The attack on the person. With a population that continues to grow around the world, and now there is competition between humans and animals for space. Now people encroach on areas such as national parks, which are protected and marked for wildlife. This led to reports that the people and their livestock slaughtered wild animals that, in turn, leads a manhunt and murder, which are considered threatened. This poses a threat to the tourism area. person also makes an attempt to move the animals from their living environment in other areas where they can not survive, which leads to the extinction of some species.